Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

Joining Baha'i Community in Sunshine Coast

Well, actuallu I don't believe that it was a coincidence.
I met a new friend, Sandra on Monday, and she invited me to her community on Tuesday.
She is a Baha'i and she was very interested listening to my explanation about GMB Program and she thought that GMB values are aligned with what Baha'i believe. 

Sandra gave me a small card and it is what written on the card:

Baha'is believe in:
One God
The Oneness of Humankind
Independent investigation of Truth
The Essential Harmony of Science and Religion
Equality of Men and Woman
Elimination of Prejudice of all kinds
Universal Compulsory Education
Spriritual Solution to Economic Problems
A Universal Auxiliary Language
Universal Place Upheld by a World Federation.
I and Sandra discussed about equality of men and woman. She said that Women and men should be like bird's wings. They are equal, and have to work together in harmony. What will happen if the bird just has 1 side of wings works? It can't fly! It will fall down! It will happen to the world as well! 

It was lovely being among them. They made me really comfortable.
They celebrated Bahá'u'lláh's (Baha'i leader) birthday on that night and they did like reflection session of Bah'u'llah's teaching. Some songs about peace and unity were sung. After the session, everyone on the meeting introduced themselves, included me. They was amazed of what GMB and what we do in our Giving Back Program. I couldn't believe that they thanked me for sharing and inspiring them, I thought I was the one who learned from them. Peace and better life or every human in this world becomes our dream. They asked me to keep doing the good things to help out society and keep promoting what GMB done.





No comments:

Post a Comment