Pages

Monday 17 November 2014

Day 5: Keep Traveling, Keep Learning

11/11/14

Today is National Remembrance Day in Australia. The Australians usually have a one minute silence to remember about the soldiers that passed away in the war where ever they are. In some places, like schools, they held a ceremony. Families of the soldiers are welcome to talk so the young generation can feel the history too. Actually, national ceremony is not too often to do in Australia school, but when they do it, they really mean it. Routine sometimes kills the substance, doesn't it?  



I did volunteering activities today in other U3A class. The class was Travel Chat. I helped Maureen to help to prepare the class. The meeting used a space in Caloundra Public Library. We arrange the seats and snacks. The class started at 1 pm and one of the member shared about his experience traveling around France and Italian. The members were very excited and actually not all of them travel much. However, they love to listen to others story when traveling abroad. A new way to enjoy other parts of the world without money, huh?

I also got opportunity to introduce myself there and why I was there. I told them that I also loved to travel because by traveling, I could meet a lot of people, observe, do a new thing. I believe traveling is a funnest and fastest way to learn. I also suggested them to travel around Indonesia. 



1 comment:

  1. I missed your posts Pida... So you are in Australia now?

    ReplyDelete