Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

Hobby and Passion



While waiting for the Transjakarta (bus) this morning, I set my frequency at Sonora FM, and listening to the program that is hosted by Merry Riana, one of my inspiring figure. I had been waiting for the program because the guest would be Rene Suhardono, a career coach that I admire too. I’ve read their books and enlightened by their experiences and insights. Thus, their program this morning was a super-combo breakfast for me.

The theme of the episode was “Your job is not your career”, taken from one of Rene’s books. I was distracted many times by noise around, but I tried to catch the message their pointed out and here is my summary.

source
According to me, passion is a never ending story about life. The question that many people mostly ask is how to find our passion? Reflect your life and try to connect every dots you’ve made in your life. By connecting the dots you might figure out what is your passion, what makes you feel worth. Everything happens for a reason and those are the dots. One of the dot could be something you love to do or what we call hobby.

Hobby
Passion
Is like a yard in front of your house, where you can play
Something deeper than hobby, the inside of the house itself.
You could spend money by doing it
You could earn money by doing it.
Final result: pleasure
Final result: creation
Enjoyed by yourself
Enjoyed by many people even your nation
Could be a clue of your passion, but you just play around with it. There is no necessity to develop your self.
There is a necessity to develop your ability related to it.

Rene also said that the nature of human is growing. The choices are grow or die. Every individual needs different soil to grow. Not every plants can grow in a very fertile soil. Cactus just needs dry sand to grow. Therefore, we should know what kind of ‘soil’ we need to grow optimally and when we find that we are not growing anymore, we should move from that place.  

Uhm, talking about passion is always interesting for me though I’m not sure yet if I’ve found the right place to do my passion. Last, I’d like to say Merry Riana and Rene Suhardono books are nutritious food for your mind. Recommended to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment