Pages

Saturday 31 May 2014

The Picturesque Belitung

Today is 31 May 2014, and this trip happened exactly two months ago, 29-31 March 2014. Start with a drama of mine, that I almost lost the flight because I had to attend the scholarship group discussion.

I did not concentrate on the group discussion because an edge of my mind calculate the probability to arrive at the airport on time. Fortunately, I made a precise calculation and fast movement so I arrived right after the officers announced it was the boarding time. Lucky me, that I have this traveling group (called BBC), they fully supported me to join the trip and waited for me at the gate of the waiting room. It's always fun having trip with them, because each of them is unique and their actions always lead to big laugh. 

We landed at Tanjung Pandan airport at 11 am, I changed my clothes since it was too formal, then ready to explore Belitung. First place we visit was Pantai Burong Mandi. Actually, it is the most so-so beach in Belitung but compare to several beaches in Bali or Yogyakarta, it is more calm and clean.

After visiting Pantai Burong Mandi, we went to Kwan Im Temple. Unfortunately, it was in renovation so we could not see it in full reddish color, yet we could enjoy sea scenery form this temple, it's wonderful. We didn't take so long there, and decided to go to Andrea Hirata Museum. Andrea Hirata is the native from Belitung who has written many novels based on true story which setting is Belitung, and his books have been translated to many languages. Museum Kata - Andrea Hirata was not the last destination on that day. We went to a school replica that being one important setting in Andrea Hirata's novel.

In front of Dewi Kwan Im Temple


The gate of Museum Kata

One of my fave quote from Andrea Hirata


Took a sip of Belitong Coffee at Museum Kata


On the next day, we did Island Hopping. It was about 5 islands we visited, but I can remember just two of them: Pulau Burong and Pulau Lengkuas, but don't worry it's not because they were bad, but because I lost my memory after two months ;p. 

The unique character of the beaches in Belitung is big stones. The stones make them look tough but beautiful. Don't believe it? Please take a look pictures below:


View from the lighthouse at Lengkuas Island




Clean and calm sea water



with the starfish



You should climb to the 17th floor of the lighthouse to get this view :)
View form the lighthouse at Lengkuas Island




View form lighthouse at Lengkuas Island
Picturesque, right?
Go there and you will find more amazing scenery that I didn't post in this page!

Enjoy the wonderful Indonesia!

Photo courtesy: Pritha, Kara, QQ

No comments:

Post a Comment