Pages

Thursday 8 October 2015

Museum Project: John Ryland Library

Hello world!

Running away from the assignment and academic things, I think I need to take the opportunity to visit as much as museum as I'm in the UK for a year ahead (and hopefully I can visit some museums in the other European countries as well).

So here the journey begins:

John Ryland is actually a library which has a enormous super old books (even the book could be older than your granpa). That's why I count it as museum. It has stunning Gothic design and I absolutely love it. It's a big lucky that this library is part of my university library and the students can have their space (reading room ) to enjoy their "silent time" if they like to do so. I think as introvert person, I will be happy spending sometimes reflecting my experience and looking for inspiration in this library.  The visitor can borrow the old books with a strong justification that she/he really needs it.

Please enjoy! (please forgive the quality and the angel of my limited mobile phone camera ;p)





Even the toilet design is very OLD!





-Manchester 2015-

No comments:

Post a Comment