Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

Ujung Kulon : Row Your Boat!

.....day 1....

Not to much agenda and story in the second day at Ujung Kulon. Hunting for sunrise and canoeing at Cigenter river were the target of the day.

I don't know why, but I was never lucky seeing perfect sunrise when I was traveling out of Jakarta, and the same one happened when I was at Ujung Kulon. 


Back to homestay, took a shower and had breakfast, packed our bag and got ready for my first canoeing experience. Yuhuuu!!! Ehm, I made a video while canoeing but it still needs some cutting and I still find out how to do it, so I can't post it now.

Before canoeing, we have to picked up the canoes at Handeleum Island:



At Cigenter, we expected to meet One-horn Rhinoceros and river crocodile, but we just met a green snake in a tree :(

It was very hot and the sun bit our skin, but we still had fun.

f

Tired of canoeing and it's already lunch time, we attacked the food that has been cooked by the ladies of Ujung Kulon. Actually they live at Sumur and frequently go to Peucang Island just for cooking food for the tourists who comes there.

this pic was taken by Mba Ella :)



That was not very end of the journey, some friends did snorkeling at one spot on the way to Sumur, but I just sat on the boat because I was to lazy to change my clothes and they said the underwater view was not special so I didn't regret it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus! Here are some random pictures from the previous day, hope they can give you description about Ujung Kulon. Enjoy!

Small fish near the harbor 






Scary Piggy!

Home-stay








No comments:

Post a Comment